Click to tweet: .@Allegiant announces major expansion in Sarasota with NINE new routes! #TogetherWeFly
Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) today announces nine new nonstop routes to Sarasota via Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) from: Asheville, North Carolina; Baltimore; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Cleveland; Columbus, Ohio; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Nashville, Tennessee; Richmond, Virginia; and Syracuse, New York. To celebrate, the company is offering one-way fares on the new routes as low as $45.*
“We’re excited to announce this unprecedented expansion in one of the newest destinations in our network - Sarasota,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant vice president of planning and revenue. “Sarasota offers world-renowned beaches, museums and dining, and we’re so excited to bring even more visitors to this amazing city.”
The new year-round routes to Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) include:
1. Asheville, North Carolina via Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) – beginning Feb. 22, 2019 with fares as low as $45.*
2. Baltimore via Baltimore / Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) – beginning Feb. 22, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
3. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – beginning April 3, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
4. Syracuse, New York via Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) – beginning April 3, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
5. Cleveland via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – beginning April 4, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
6. Columbus, Ohio via Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK) – beginning April 4, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
7. Richmond, Virginia via Richmond International Airport (RIC) – beginning April 4, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
8. Grand Rapids, Michigan via Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) – beginning April 5, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
9. Nashville, Tennessee via Nashville International Airport (BNA) – beginning April 5, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
The new nonstop routes will operate twice-weekly and will bring nearly 160,000 passengers to the Sarasota / Bradenton area annually, contributing to visitor spending in the local economy. Flight days, times and the lowest fares can be found only at Allegiant.com.
“Working with Allegiant, the Sarasota Bradenton International Airport has developed into one of the region’s premier airports, further setting the Sarasota / Bradenton area apart and ensuring it remains competitive in a crowded market,” said Elliott Falcione, executive director of the Bradenton Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. “The past few years have brought with them an unprecedented expansion of routes, including Allegiant’s. The Bradenton Area Convention and Visitors Bureau applauds their efforts to make the destination more accessible than ever before for our visitors. We look forward to welcoming even more visitors from these cities onboard Allegiant flights.”
“We are very pleased with the success of Allegiant at SRQ,” said Rick Piccolo, president and CEO of Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport. “The airport has experienced substantial growth since Allegiant began service in April. The addition of nine new cities will provide our community with many more ultra-low-cost options and we look forward to the continued growth and success of Allegiant at SRQ.”
“These flights are serving some of our most important origin cities for visitation and will have a huge positive tourism impact for Sarasota county,” said Virginia Haley, president of Visit Sarasota.
Allegiant offers a unique option to Sarasota-bound travelers with low base airfare and savings on rental cars and hotels. Travelers can book their entire vacation with Allegiant for less.
*About the introductory one-way fares:
Seats and dates are limited and fares are not available on all flights. Flights must be purchased by Nov. 14, 2018 for travel by May 20, 2019 for service to SRQ from: AVL and BWI. Flights must be purchased by Nov. 14, 2018 for travel by Aug. 13, 2019 for service to SRQ from: BNA, CLE, GRR, LCK, MDT, RIC and SYR. Price displayed reflects purchase of a round-trip itinerary and includes taxes, carrier charges & government fees. Fare rules, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Optional baggage charges and additional restrictions may apply. For more details, optional services and baggage fees, please visit Allegiant.com.
Las Vegas-based Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) is focused on linking travelers to world-class leisure destinations. The airline offers industry-low fares on an all-jet fleet while also offering other travel-related products such as hotel rooms and rental cars. All can be purchased only through the company website, Allegiant.com. Beginning with one aircraft and one route in 1999, the company has grown to over 80 aircraft and more than 300 routes across the country with base airfares less than half the cost of the average domestic roundtrip ticket. For downloadable press kit, including photos, visit: http://gofly.us/iiFa303wrtF.
Allegiant Public Relations