FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For additional information, contact Rana Moye or Barbara Ford-Coates at 861.8430.
TAX COLLECTOR MID-COUNTY OFFICE REOPENS FOR LIMITED SERVICES ON MAY 11TH
The Sarasota County Tax Collector Mid-County Service Center re-opens Monday, May 11th for limited driver’s license transactions that cannot be completed online. The office will be open Monday to Friday from 8:30 – 5:00 and appointments are required. Under a phased re-opening plan, other Tax Collector locations will re-open as the need for in-person services increases.
According to Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates, “We are proceeding cautiously and taking a phased approach to re-opening with safety in mind.” Protective barriers are being installed at every other service station to provide social distancing for staff, and other precautionary measures are being implemented to comply with CDC guidelines.
Upon re-opening, the following is required:
• Customers must be Sarasota County residents.
• An appointment must be scheduled in advance by calling 941.861.8300, option 2.
• Upon arrival, customers will be asked a series of health questions before entering the office. Anyone experiencing a fever or COVID-19 symptoms will have their appointment rescheduled.
• Only the person completing the transaction will be able to enter the office.
• A face covering is required for service.
Services such as driver’s license road tests and the learner’s permit test remain on hold until further notice. Transactions such as registration renewals and tax payments will continue to be completed online.
While closed, the office handled over 26,000 phone calls, 20,000 pieces of mail, over 1,700 emails, and countless online transactions. “My exceptional staff have continued working behind the scenes to serve our residents, but they are anxious to meet the needs of our community and provide assistance in person.” Ford-Coates added.
# # #