Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Discontinues Visitation on Nursing Inpatient Units
Contact Name: Kristina Sparacino
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 3524272108
Lakewood Ranch, Florida – July 8, 2020 – For the continued protection of our patients, staff and our community, visitors will not be allowed in Lakewood Ranch Medical Center’s Inpatient Nursing Units, effective Wednesday, July 8 until further notice.
We encourage family/friends to continue to call, use FaceTime, Zoom, Skype or send email notes through our ePatient Note Service https://www.lakewoodranchmedicalcenter.com/content/epatient-notes
As of Wednesday, July 8, 2020, the current limited hospital visitation includes:
• Women’s Center: one adult screened negative, masked support person who may accompany the patient.
• Patients with Physical, Intellectual, and/or Developmental Disabilities and Patients with Cognitive Impairments: one adult screened negative, masked support person may accompany the patient.
• Outpatient Procedures: one adult screened negative, masked visitor may accompany the patient to the pre-surgery waiting room until the patient is called to the Pre-op area. In order to maintain appropriate distancing in the waiting room, visitors should wait offsite or in their car during the procedure. Patients should come prepared to give the Pre-op nurse the name and phone number for the visitor who is their designated ride home.
• Inpatient Procedures: one adult screened negative, masked visitor may wait in the pre-surgery waiting room until the patient is called to the Pre-op area, at which time the visitor should leave the facility. Physicians will contact the designated person when procedures are complete. One screened negative, masked visitor may return during the designated visitation hours: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• ER: one adult screened negative, masked visitor may accompany the patient. The visitor must come in with the patient at the time of arrival. The visitor may accompany a patient who is being admitted only during inpatient visitation hours listed above.
**Reminder for OB patient’s families: when picking up mothers and/or newborns, please secure someone to watch older children, since they are not able to visit the hospital.
Please visit our website at lwrmc.com and click on Health Alert: Important Coronavirus Update for additional information or follow Lakewood Ranch Medical Center’s Facebook.
About Lakewood Ranch Medical Center (lwrmc.com) Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is the hospital of choice for many families in the Manatee/Sarasota region. The hospital has earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission. The Gold Seal of Approval is recognized across the nation as a symbol of quality that shows the hospital's commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
Patients at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center have access to a medical staff of more than 600 physicians and allied health professionals who practice in a comprehensive range of specialties and use the hospital's advanced medical technology.
Physicians are on the medical staff of Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, but, with limited exceptions, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Lakewood Ranch Medical Center. The hospital is not liable for actions or treatments provided by physicians. For language assistance, disability accommodations and the non-discrimination notice, visit our website.
Kristina Sparacino, Director of Marketing Lakewood Ranch Medical Center firstname.lastname@example.org