THE PLAYERS CENTRE FOR PERFORMING ARTS’ OPENS “AS SEEN ONSTAGE” SALE
Contact Name: Amanda Heisey
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: 9413652494
Sarasota, FL – August 10, 2020 – The Players Centre for Performing Arts is moving from their current location in downtown Sarasota in October and is happy to announce their AS SEEN ONSTAGE Sale opening to the public on Friday, August 14, 2020. Operating hours are Monday through Friday, 10am-4pm and Saturdays from 10am to noon. Cash, credit/debit (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), and checks are acceptable forms of payment. Items must be picked up at the time of purchase. Sale items will vary and change daily depending on load-in and space.
Many interesting items have graced The Players stage, costumes, props, luggage, furniture, lighting fixtures, greenery, crafting supplies, antiques, and much more! Since The Players is departing from their downtown Sarasota location, many of these items need a new home.
In addition, The Players Centre is selling theater seats. These priceless items have seen numerous productions and will cost $50 per seat with an extra $25 charge for a plywood base.
A community theatre is more than a building; it’s much more than bricks and mortar – it is the feeling and energy that transcends a physical space. The mission of The Players Centre, to entertain, educate and engage the community through high quality live theatre will continue wherever The Players performs and teaches.
Many community members have invested time, treasure, and talent into The Players. The Players family appreciates all the continued love and support and wants to give those that love this 90-year-old organization proper time to say goodbye to the old building.
• Props, costumes and more will be for sale at The Bazaar at Apricot and Lime!
• “So Long, Dearie” Farewell Tours – Sept. 3-5 & 10-12 at 5:30 and 7:30pm, Sept. 6 &13 at 2pm. Reservations are available now, the bar will be open, groups will be restricted to 10, patrons & volunteers can take photos, say “goodbye,” see the theatre for the last time and enjoy a few surprises. Virtual and private tours (min. group of 6) are also available. Tickets $10 or $5 with an Anytime Card.
• A Few of Our Favorite Things – Sept. 25, 2020 at 7:30pm – a week before the big move. A reimagined look at the proposed finale show previously scheduled for the 91st Broadway Series will go virtual! The Players is asking for performances submitted virtually to create a digital homage to this Sarasota institution. Tickets $20.
• The Legend of Sleepy Hollow – Oct. 17 2020 at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm. Rain date: October 18, 2020. The Players fourth annual production of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow will again be presented outdoors at The Sarasota Polo Club!
• Check The Players website for more exciting upcoming events!
Staff at The Players will be happy to talk to any patrons, volunteers and community members about upcoming plans and productions as they unfold. Please call 941.365.2494, or look for news on www.theplayers.org.
About The Players Centre for Performing Arts
The Players Centre for Performing Arts is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to entertaining, educating and engaging the community through high quality live theatre. Its Main Stage features the Broadway Series, SNAP (Something New At the Players) and Summer Sizzler Series. Backstage at the Players is home to more thought-provoking, eclectic pieces. In addition to providing entertainment to the community, The Arnold Simonsen Players Studio offers a wide range of education and outreach programs for children and adults.
# # #
The Players Centre For Performing Arts
838 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota FL 34236, 941-365-2494, Fax: 941-954-0282 www.theplayers.org. Box Office: Mon-Sat, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and one hour prior to curtain time.
The Players Box Office is located on Tamiami Trail between 10th Street and Blvd. of the Arts.