The Players Centre presents Spoon River Anthology at Jiggs Landing
Contact Name: Amanda Heisey
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: 941-365-2494
Sarasota, FL – Feb. 18, 2021 – The Players Centre for Performing Arts presents the beautifully haunting play Spoon River Anthology by Edgar Lee Masters Feb. 27 to 28 and March 6 to 7 at 4pm at Jiggs Landing Outpost. The former residents of Spoon River examine life and the longing for what might have been. As the citizens reflect on the dreams, secrets, and regrets of their lives, they paint a gritty and honest portrait of the town as all their pasts are illuminated.
"A dramatic presentation reduced to its simplest terms [...] moving and beautiful [...] An evening of astonishingly stirring emotional satisfaction." - New York Post The concession stand will be open!
Masks are required for this outdoor event. Temperature checks will be conducted, and patrons will be socially distanced.
Seats are provided. NO TICKETS will be printed for this event. Upon making your purchase your name will be on a reservation list.
See our new health guidelines and procedures below.
Dates: Feb. 27 & 28, March 6 & 7 at 4pm
Location: Jiggs Landing Outpost
6106 63rd St E, Bradenton, FL 34203
• All guests will have their temperatures taken with a no-touch thermometer.
• Face coverings will be required at this event unless you are eating or drinking. Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others and while attending event.
• Practice social distancing. If you are around other people, keep 6 feet between you when possible. You will be seated with your party during the show and distanced from others watching.
• Avoid handshakes, hugs, and close contact.
Do NOT attend if:
• You are experiencing any symptom of illness (including but not limited to cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell).
• You have been diagnosed with Coronavirus/COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by State of Florida officials.
• You have been exposed to any individual with a suspected or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
• You have traveled internationally or to an area in the United States of America that is known to be a high-risk location with respect to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
Special thanks to our sponsors: Presenting Sponsor Wilde Lexus, The Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, The Sarasota County Tourist Development Tax Grant, The Department of Cultural Affairs, Jiggs Landing Preserve & Outpost, Manatee County Parks & Natural Resources, Richard LaVoice
Learn more about The Players and upcoming events by visiting us at www.theplayers.org or by calling 941.365.2494.
About The Players Centre for Performing Arts The Players Centre for Performing Arts is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to entertaining, educating and engaging the community through high quality live theatre. The Players Studio, the education and outreach department for The Players Centre for Performing Arts, promotes inclusive learning and upholds the ideals of equality and diversity, while providing a safe environment for students of all ages and abilities to explore their creative side, strengthen life and social skills, and use different movement, fitness, voice and dramatic disciplines to embrace mental, physical and emotional health through the arts.
# # #
The Players Centre For Performing Arts
1400 Blvd. of the Arts, Suite 200, Sarasota FL 34236, 941-365-2494, Fax: 941-954-0282 www.theplayers.org. Box Office: Mon-Sat, 10a.m. – 4p.m