Photo/Video Op Siesta Key Crystal Classic
Sculpting Starts Friday
Contact Name: Mandi Green
Contact Email: Mandi@siestakeychamber.com
Contact Phone Number: 941-349-3800
• What: Gather photos and b-roll as sand sculptors create awesome works of art on Siesta Beach and discover who will win first prize during the 11th annual Siesta Key Crystal Classic International Sand Sculpting Festival.
• When: Sculpting in progress: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 12 and 13, and Sunday morning, Nov. 14; awards ceremony at 3 p.m. Sunday; sculpture viewing for the public Nov. 15.
• Where: Siesta Beach, 948 Beach Rd, Siesta Key, FL 34242
• Media contact: Mandi Green, Siesta Key Chamber, 941-716-1810 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
• For up-to-date group carve progress photos and video: www.facebook.com/SiestaKeyCrystalClassic or www.instagram.com/siestakeycrystalclassic
All media must contact Mandi Green prior to coming to the beach. No walk-up media will be allowed.
Detail for the public below
Sand sculptures to transform Siesta Beach during 11th Crystal Classic Festival Schedule: www.SiestaKeyCrystalClassic.com
Siesta Beach — Watch 8 teams and 8 solo artist sand sculptors compete during the tenth annual Siesta Key Crystal Classic, which takes place on Siesta Beach, 948 Beach Road, Siesta Key, Florida. The festival will open this Friday, Nov. 12, winning sculptures will be declared during an awards ceremony at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 14, and visitors can continue viewing the sculptures and vote for People's Choice until the festival closes at 5 p.m. Monday.
People’s Choice results will appear at: www.facebook.com/SiestaKeyCrystalClassic
And it’s more than just sand...the festival also features live music throughout the event along with a large village of shopping and food and drink vendors. Other activities include the popular three day “Quick Sand” competition, free sand sculpting lessons and demos and an amateur competition on Saturday.
Meredith, co-host of the popular Jones and Company morning show on 107.9 WSRZ will be on location Saturday, Nov. 13th from 10-11am.
The festival will be open Saturday night until 9 pm with live music by Fleetwood Max, authentic Fleetwood Mac tribute band. The sculptures will be lit through a fabulous light display and the party tent will be open until closing time.
The Siesta Key Crystal Classic is presented by the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to promote tourism, local businesses and the visual arts via the production of one of the most unique sculpture festivals held in the world on the #1 beach in the U.S.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the Siesta Key Crystal Classic Scholarship Fund for Ringling College of Art + Design.
For more information about Siesta Key Crystal Classic contact the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce – 941-349-3800; email email@example.com, or visit www.siestakeycrystalclassic.com.